Tuesday, March 7, 2023

My Father's Death Moulded Me Into Everything I've Been - Omotola Jalade Ekehinde

My Father's Death Moulded Me Into Everything I've Been - Omotola Jalade Ekehinde



Ace Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade Ekehinde, has revealed how her father's death shaped her into the kind of person she is even today.

Omotola Jalade who has been in the Nigerian movie industry for decades, and since her younger age, whilst recounting her childhood experience in an interview, noted that her father passed away when she was 13 years old.

According to the mother of four, it was a tragic incident that left her emotionless as she never grieved his death.

She said, “I think everything I've been today, positively or negatively was because of the death of my father, it affected me so much because I did not mourn my dad."

The actress revealed that she was only 13, and was just starting to losing up in her school when she was picked up all of a sudden from her school that she needed to return home. 

Knowing that it was because something bad has happened, she wished, prayed, and hoped it wasn't her dad.

She added, "When I got home, I realized my dad was dead, so going through that mental process, I didn’t know how to react and I didn’t know how I was feeling, I was just silent but now that I’m older, I think I really understand everything. So I just became emotionless and it has affected me till today."

Narrating why her dad's death affected her that much, Omotola stated that she was very close to her dad and has been rolling with influential people from a tender age because of her late dad's influence.

The 45-year-old said, "I understand that I was his only child for a long time and my dad and I were very close. I started rolling with people of influence from a little age because my dad was the manager of Lagos country club at the time, many influential people come there."

Ekehinde who made her debut in Nollywood in 1995 and has featured in over 300 films hinted that she would do anything to protect her brother. 

In the words of the 'Alter Ego' star actress, "I was very desperate to do anything and said I would rather sell my body than for anybody to take my younger brother apart, I don’t fear for my life, probably I would have become a prostitute today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video ¦ Lagos State Unearth Eighty-Six Rooms Where Tenants Pay N250k Per Annum Under The Bridge

Lagos State Unearth Eighty-Six Rooms Where Tenants Pay N250k Per Annum Under The Bridge  Lagos State’s Commissioner for Environment and Wate...