Thursday, February 2, 2023

Toyin Abraham - My Past Challenges Were Spiritual

Toyin Abraham - My Past Challenges Were Spiritual


When in one of her recently released movies titled 'Ijakumo (the born again stripper)', Toyin Abraham used a line that goes thus ''Emi Dada, Emi Dada Awuru, Awuru ya ile-ya igi oko'' (I am Dada, Dada Awuru, the one who splits lands and trees with thunderous efficacy), not many would have thought that the popular Nollywood actress was actually born 'Dada' (a child born with a natural deadlock).

The movie producer whilst sharing the mystery of her birth and her spirituality has now revealed that she was born a 'Dada' and the fact that she failed to toe the line of spirituality caused her, the past challenges she faced.

Toyin Abraham said, "I have been spiritual because I’m actually a dada – those people that naturally have dreadlocks from birth. One of the problems I encountered back then happened because I didn’t listen to myself. I’m extremely spiritual," she reiterated.

”Again, when they wanted to barb my locks, they had to tell me it was from the Holy Spirit because I did not want them to do it”, the actress known formerly as Toyin Ahimaku added.

The mother of two added that she often hears God speaks to her physically and in her dreams but she would adamantly follow her personal desires, a decision which most times aren't beneficial to her growth.

However, when she returned to the spiritual path, things turn around for her good.

She said, "I do hear the voice of the Lord and also see it in my dreams, but I would want to follow my flesh. But ever since I began to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, things drastically changed for me. 

Watch Also:

-
-

My Parents Thought I Was Dead After Birth 

Speaking further about her personality, the actress explained that it took the spiritual intervention of a cleric to resurrect her after her parents threw her away after birth because she was stillborn.

”There was a clergyman from Ibadan in Oyo State, who visited the hospital and asked about me, and I was brought back to life. I was told that I never did anything or cried until the moment they named me Oluwatoyin on the day of my naming ceremony when I started to cry as a baby", the actress revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video ¦ Lagos State Unearth Eighty-Six Rooms Where Tenants Pay N250k Per Annum Under The Bridge

Lagos State Unearth Eighty-Six Rooms Where Tenants Pay N250k Per Annum Under The Bridge  Lagos State’s Commissioner for Environment and Wate...